This is a super simple DIY sleep mask pattern that can help you sew reversible sleep masks. This step-by-step tutorial with free pattern would help you make it in a jiffy!
I don’t know about you but I am somebody who finds it hard to fall asleep. I am always very late for bed and unless I take a nap during the daytime, I feel tired the whole day. I always try to find out things that make my sleep comfortable like various foods, supplements, etc.
The slightest sound or a single ray of light is enough to disturb my sleep. That is how I got used to wearing sleep masks while I take my naps. I figured out how to make these easily so that I could make them in the fabrics I love. These DIY sleep masks are so useful to keep the light away while you sleep.
After sewing up a few of these for myself, I decided to share the free eye mask pattern and tutorial so that you can sew them for yourself or as handmade gifts for your friends and family.
DIY Sleep Mask
- 1-Fat quarter cotton fabric ($0.97 at Walmart) ( if you would like to make the mask reversible, buy one more fat quarter in a different print)
- Cotton quilt batting ($3.97 per yard for 90” at Walmart)
- 1-Elastic headband (we got ours in a 3 pack from the Dollar Tree. They are the perfect size for an adult!)
- Matching thread
- Sewing pins or clips
- Turning tool
- Iron and ironing board or iron mat
- PDF sleep mask pattern.* Enter your e-mail address and click the subscribe button to start downloading the template automatically.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Approximate time to complete: 30 minutes
- Approximate cost to make: $1.75
Print and cut out your PDF sleep mask pattern. Cut your elastic headband in half and trim the ends.
Pin it for later here,
Now you have learned to make beautiful DIY sleep masks with this sewing tutorial. Hope you loved it just as I did. Please leave your comments in the comment box below