Adorable Reversible Bag for Girls (Free Sewing Pattern)

Sewing Pattern for Reversible Bag

This bag was inspired by my niece who is rarely seen without a bag. She loves to imitate her mommy and has been spotting a bag since she was two. I am sure she is going to love this one from me! Make this one for your little girl  as well and see her smile all day. The two bags you see above are one and the same. The bag is reversible and has a felt flower you can attach with a safety pin on either of the two sides. The bag is made such that even someone who has never tried sewing a bag  can easily make it. It can work up in just about an hour.  The finished bag is 9 inches wide at the top and 6 1/4 inches high.Use a thick fabric like denim on one side to avoid adding an interfacing, one less thing to worry about! You can make this from scrap fabric and recycled Jeans. If you are not in a mood to take up elaborate sewing projects this one will  be relaxing. So what are you waiting for? Grab your sewing notions and join me as I take you through every step of this Blissful Sewing Project!

Click here for the Free Pattern!

25 Comments

1. September 14, 2011 / 10:42 pm

That bag is so cute! My girls would love that! I am a new follower from Tutus and Tea Parties. I have pinned this on pinterest as well.

Vicky @ http://www.messforless.net

2. November 9, 2011 / 5:08 am

Very sweet.

3. February 9, 2012 / 7:41 pm

Very, very, cute! I can picture small one with one in her hand right now :0)

Thanks so much for taking part in our Pin'Inspiration Party. Hope that you are having as much fun exploring as I am and that you'll take part in helping the "Beat the Winter Blues" on Saturday.

4. Anonymous
    February 9, 2012 / 9:19 pm

This is so cute, I had to make it a little larger….for MYSELF!!!! Mahalo!

5. February 10, 2012 / 7:22 pm

Adorable! I have two little fashionistas and think I'm gonna make those bags for them. So sweet!

6. February 11, 2012 / 5:26 pm

I love your blog! I'll be following! This bag is adorable and my daughter has just started sewing.

I host a Home and Family Friday linky party. I'd love it if you'd link up your project.

becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

Becca

7. February 12, 2012 / 6:16 am

Oh, that is so sweet. I'd like one, too! Best wishes, Linda

twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com

8. February 12, 2012 / 12:19 pm

Love this! My granddaughter will love one of these to match her outfits. Thanks for sharing the pattern! I'm a new follower.

9. February 12, 2012 / 6:04 pm

My one year old granddaughter has just started taking one of my bags and putting things in it, this would be perfect for her. Thanks for sharing the pattern 🙂 xx

10. February 13, 2012 / 3:12 am

This is very cute! I love reversible patterns. Thanks for linking up to I Made It! Monday. Can't wait to see what you share this week.

11. February 13, 2012 / 4:23 am

Very cute. I'm so happy that you decided to join Seasonal Sundays. Hope you'll be here next week too!

– The Tablescaper

12. February 13, 2012 / 5:28 pm

Just liked ya on Facebook. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

13. February 13, 2012 / 11:27 pm

Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing all the time and effort it took to make the pattern and tutorial! I would love it if you would come link up with Busy Monday (through Thursdays) at A Pinch of Joy, a linky party for ideas that make life better.

14. February 14, 2012 / 3:07 am

This is adorable!! As soon as my sewing machine is back up and running, I may try it 🙂

15. February 14, 2012 / 3:10 am

This is absolutely adorable!! I could totally see my daughter carrying this around. When my sewing machine finally gets fixed maybe I will try this. Thanks so much for sharing!

16. February 17, 2012 / 2:04 am

I love this bag!! I'm featuring this on my I Love Fridays party. Feel free to stop by and grab a button 🙂

17. Anonymous
    February 25, 2012 / 5:40 am

The bag is beautiful Suraya.Thank you so much for pattern and instructions.Hugs
    Fawzia Sardiwalla
    South Africa

18. November 12, 2012 / 1:15 pm

Thanks for sharing. I mad a pink bag for a friend, who was very happy with it. I show some pictures on my blog, with a link to your tutorial.
    Jolanda
    creatiefbezig.blogspot.com

19. January 1, 2013 / 12:09 pm

i love this bag mostly this bag is suitable for teen age girls.i will gift this bag to my girlfriend